Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: App Crashes on Expert Picture Settings

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue regarding Expert Picture Settings on the Roku mobile app.

We believe this issue is now resolved and invite you try checking to see if you are still seeing an issue occur when using Expert Picture Settings with your Roku TV.

Please keep us posted if you are still seeing an issue occur and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ShnikeJSB
Channel Surfer

"Expert Picture Settings" works on Android now

Jump to solution

I'm not sure why a they locked the super long (time and post count) "App Crashes on Expert Picture Settings" thread day I've been following for YEARS -- but the latest Roku app update for Android from April 4th (v9.1.0.1762787) FINALLY allows it to work!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra on OS 13 and a TCL 55R635 (and a couple other models it works on as well). No need for old v6 anymore! Thank you Roku!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: "Expert Picture Settings" works on Android now

Jump to solution

Hello @@ShnikeJSB

Thanks for the update! We're glad to know it's working now with the new update! We really appreciate you taking the time to express that. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Happy Streaming!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
photobug56
Streaming Star

Re: Android app EPS settings still PARTIALLY broken as of April 19, 2023

Jump to solution
  1. So, yesterday we got notices in the community from Danny saying the wait to have Expert Picture Settings working again was over.  So I got out my older Samsung S10+ (Android 12) and indeed, EPS looked normal again.
  2. HOWEVER, on my current S23+ (Android 13), it's not working, though it doesn't crash.  It comes up with a familiar message that you need to have a live video stream (from the TV or an attached device) for EPS to open.  And I started having odd problems on my TCL ROKU 4k 43" TV - it suddenly stopped streaming some 4k programs in 4k.  It seems loosely connected to using the newer phone.  I've forced full reboots, and stopped trying on the new phone.

So ROKU, please check with a new Android 13 phone; hopefully this will be easy.  As to the 2nd problem, it is intermittent; I can't yet be sure of the cause.  I'd note that the software versions on both phones are current; same as on the TV.  I'd be happy to beta test a corrected version of the mobile software.

photobug56
Streaming Star

TCL Roku 43 suddenly not streaming SOME 4k programs in 4k

Jump to solution

After the recent partial fix for EPS in the mobile app, some 4k programs on HBO MAX, Netflix and other streamers on my TCL 4k 43 Series 4) have stopped playing in 4k even though they are 4k programs.  Some others play normally.  TV ROKU software is up to date.  I did check the Netflix software as well.  

0 Kudos