Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyR
Channel Surfer

Re: App Crashes on Expert Picture Settings

Jump to solution

As I posted on this forum last Tuesday, it's now working for me. There is no longer an operation error popup blocking the expert picture settings. These app settings are now accessible. And yes, being able to finally adjust these settings to my liking has made a big difference. Good luck!

0 Kudos
ShnikeJSB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Were your TV settings default? I'm wondering if they work the first time if your "warm" and such are default, and after they are applied and the TV goes off and phone rebooted, if it will still work.

0 Kudos
JimmyR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, my TV settings were not default. I've customized each setting in each format. I've gone back and checked several times during the past week, after TV has been turned off and phone rebooted. I've experimented with the gamma settings, tried various settings on the app, and so far it still works. I keep double checking cos I'm a little paranoid that it'll revert to the evil popup, but so far so good. Best of luck!

0 Kudos
AnotherPlanet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Man that's nice. I shelved the old roku TV in the basement so I could get one that let's me customize. Tried it out on my Samsung s21, same error.

I did however test it with a really old gen2 Nexus 7 and it worked. What a terrible app. 

0 Kudos
Mk20051

Jump to solution

It is because you are on Android 11 on your phone. Android 12 is what is causing the problems with the Roku app. Roku isn't even bothering to fix it. I am about to get rid of my tv. You shouldn't have to use your phone to access settings for your tv. 

0 Kudos
jtac140
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm on Android 11 using a moto g stylus and it does not work for me. I just got this tv a month ago and been trying to do the expert picture settings with no luck. Same error message as reported by other users. 

Not sure if this will help, be helped, looked at or what, but my t.v. is Hisense model 6series-50

Roku tv g217x

Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-ch

Please any help with getting this to work for me would be GREATLY appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jtac140

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue you are experiencing. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Saganated
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here today. Same error message. 75r615 with galaxy s10e. Any updates Danny?

I expected more from Roku, I've recommended the 6 series to several people over the last few years, now I'm close to selling my Roku stock and getting a Hisense.

0 Kudos
powrwrap
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Using the Roku app on my Pixel 5A phone running Android 12 I would get the error message when trying to access the expert settings menu.

I pulled out my old phone, a pixel 2XL running Android 11 and I am able to access the expert settings

menu no problem. 

Roku TV C206X (HiSense 55R7+)

Software version 11.0.0, build 4193-94

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Saganated

Thanks for the inquiry.

I currently do not have any updates to provide at this time. However, to help us continue investigating the issue, can you please provide the information that I have requested earlier in this thread?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos