Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnotherPlanet
Binge Watcher

Re: App Crashes on Expert Picture Settings

Jump to solution

I have a Samsung Galaxy s21+ with Android 11 and it does this. I'm going to buy a new TV and try a different streaming device brand. I can't believe this isn't being addressed. 

Jump to solution

Bought a Hisense U6GR a few days ago, my first experience with a Hisense product. Also getting the same "try restarting your tv" message on my Galaxy s9. Not happy about it but at least I'm apparently not alone. 

AnotherPlanet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just upgraded to Android 12 and same behavior. Between this and Roku losing Youtube and Amazon Prime, I'm done with it. Good thing it's Black Friday soon. I can get a TV that let's me customize the picture with out a terrible app. 

AvengerJFB
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried using Bluestacks for PC and emulate an android phone but Bluestacks does not support the Roku app yet. The devs said it might be fixed in the future so maybe at some point you will be able to do it from your PC.

0 Kudos
jrsinJC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's not an Android 10 issue. I just tried it on my older android device with 8.1 and had the exact same issue. Wish I'd known this before buying the TCL Roku TV!

bbexperience
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just came in to join the chorus.  I have a Note 10+ running Android 11 and get this same error, but it's been happening for many, many months.  Really dumb Roku.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide further clarification about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error message when this happens or is it simply crashing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
AvengerJFB
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I made an image link so you can see.

https://ibb.co/64Trrsy

Just in case my email reply doesnt make it, the app straight up crashes upon picking Expert.

Things we tried:

Different phones

Different OSes

Reboot phone

Reinstall App

Reboot/Reset TV

Nothing works.

None of my TCL ROKUs accept Expert settings. I have Series 4 and 6 they all crash.

AnotherPlanet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yep. Here are pictures. Going to Expert Picture Settings in the Roku app for my TV will give the error "Operation Error Please restart your TV if issue persists" then go back to the devices menu. As you can imagine, no amount of restarting will fulfill its needs. Screenshot_20211207-161109_Roku.jpg

Screenshot_20211207-161122_Roku.jpg

JimmyR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exactly. I might add that a coupla times I got thru without the operation error, but when I clicked on any setting, the app was unresponsive, right after which app crashed.