Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LordDewi08

Android Remote Not Connecting with no Internet

Jump to solution

I have a 4630X model Roku. My remote recently died. I've been using the Android Remote App but today my Internet went out. I've only ever connected the Roku to the local WiFi network and I know that my phone is connected to that same network but when I try to connect to the device it says "Can't Find Network." They are on the same network but it seems as if it requires an Internet connection. In general I can understand this but I do have a local Plex server that I could still access without Internet access. Additionally, if they are on the same network I should be able to get to the settings to connect the Roku to a different network, ie a phone set up as a HotSpot, and then connect my phone to that hotspot so they can communicate.

Is this a bug or more a feature request? 

This model Roku also has a hardwired network connection and I set up my computer to bridge the Ethernet connection to WiFi. I set up my phone as a HotSpot and my computer was connected to it via WiFi. So I'd assume at that point the phone and Roku are on the same network but again it could not find the network.

Another feature request?

Any thoughts are appreciated. The first is the most puzzling as it shouldn't matter if the WiFi network has internet, the Android App should still see the Roku if they are on the same network.

Thanks,

Dewi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Android Remote Not Connecting with no Internet

Jump to solution

@LordDewi08

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku devices will need a physical remote to connect to a wireless network.

If you need a replacement remote, you can find a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Android Remote Not Connecting with no Internet

Jump to solution

@LordDewi08

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku devices will need a physical remote to connect to a wireless network.

If you need a replacement remote, you can find a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator