Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blitzkriega
Reel Rookie

Re: Activating private listening on my Roku App shuts down the app. Worked fine for months.

i tried everything- nothing works- basically the roku people will give you the run around with patronizingly ineffective suggestions so as not to admit they know they sold sharty tech that cant be fixed to everyone in a misleading manner- roku techs will happily treat you like a dumbie instead of offering any sort of viable solutions- best solution i found was appletv 

BVTizzle
Reel Rookie

Re: Activating private listening on my Roku App shuts down the app. Worked fine for months.

Nobody asked you, Tim Cook.

0 Kudos
blitzkriega
Reel Rookie

very mature tim- this is a space for tech support and feedback- so kindly suck me off ya big baby

0 Kudos
RearMisser
Reel Rookie

I updated to the latest version and it seems like they've fixed the bug so yall can update the app now 

Tawonga
Channel Surfer

How do we know for sure that these version rollback sites do not contain malware?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Tawonga wrote:

How do we know for sure that these version rollback sites do not contain malware?

You dont - all life is risk, and all risk is relative. 

The same way you dont know that the Google or Apple Play stores do not contain malware (trust is a fickle funny thing).

Regardless, there are anti-malware security functions/apps in phones/tablets, use them as you see fit.

0 Kudos
Tawonga
Channel Surfer

@StreamerUser wrote:

@Tawonga wrote:

You dont - all life is risk, and all risk is relative. 

The same way you dont know that the Google or Apple Play stores do not contain malware (trust is a fickle funny thing).

Regardless, there are anti-malware security functions/apps in phones/tablets, use them as you see fit.

Ahh, I see what you did there. However, do the potential rewards outweigh the risks? Or does prudence dictate that we assume that all of these type websites are chock full of day zero nasty malware? Who knows?

0 Kudos
RearMisser
Reel Rookie

These sites have been trusted for years and are the most popular in the APK "community". Also, you don't have to rollback as the latest version on the Play Store has the Private Listening issue fixed.

0 Kudos
Tawonga
Channel Surfer

I just deleted the cache and reinstalled, same issue.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Tawonga wrote:

I just deleted the cache and reinstalled, same issue.

Consider reverting to an older version, and reporting the latest version, as previously mentioned...

Might also be useful to mention the app version/Android version you have as well (and others that crash for you).

0 Kudos