Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlmeyers
Reel Rookie

Update old Roku stick 3600 SW without old remote

I have an old Roku stick 3600. I lost the old remote and bought a new voice remote. The new voice remote seems to talk to the 3600 but it won’t pair. I think I need to update the software on the Roku stick 3600.   However that seems to require the old remote. I’ve tried using my mobile device and that also won’t pair.  There doesn’t seem to be a way to update the software on the Roku stick 3600 without the original remote. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Update old Roku stick 3600 SW without old remote

Is the Roku currently connected to your network? The voice remote and the Roku Remote Control app both require an already connected device. You could have bought a new Roku with a remote instead. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Rlmeyers 

The remote that came with the 3600 is no longer available. You may find someone selling one on eBay or other such, but you won't find a new one. 

Roku's documentation indicates it is compatible, but I had picked up otherwise. Since Roku documentation indicates it will work, be sure you are following the instructions on the Set Up Your Voice Remote page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@DBDukes     

41BA66FA-D5F0-4E08-B1D1-FBF1673BFA38.jpeg

0 Kudos
Rlmeyers
Reel Rookie

Here’s what I believe to be the situation: The OLD Roku stick 3600 needs to be upgraded before it can talk to any remotes (except the original remote).  The only way to upgrade the software is to use the original remote.  Can’t connect with new remote or cell phone.  Thinking I’m going to return the new remote and buy a complete upgraded set.

0 Kudos