Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wing87

TTY voice turned on and won't go off

Jump to solution

It seems like the Roku TTY was activated. I don't recall turning it on and I don't see how to turn it off. It's quite annoying

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TTY voice turned on and won't go off

Jump to solution

@Wing87 

Press the Options button four times

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Wing87 

Press the Options button four times

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Wing87

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
Gaucho1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has not worked.  I have tried all options given in the past:  press * 4 times, turned off the reader, etc, etc, etc.  Voice continues to speak every time I press the volume or turn streaming channels.  Extremely annoying. It was not doing it in the past just started a few days ago without any changes to device.  I have reset the internet connection, reset the TV, reset the router.  Nothing helps.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Gaucho1 

We need to examine carefully why you're still getting that issue. Just to be clear, there are two types of audio descriptions, and I want to ensure we're talking about the same type.

One is for the content. That's where in addition to the standard audio track, there is a narration. For example, "Laura looks at Luke, then leaves." We have not been addressing how to turn this on/off.

The other is for your actions. This would be where you press the UP button and you hear the system say "Up" and so on. This is the one we've been focusing on. Is this the correct one?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
aTexan1

Jump to solution

It worked. Thanks

0 Kudos
JenB2

Jump to solution

How do you turn off the "Luke looks at Laura" example?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@JenB2, you have to change the audio track.  Depending on the app you're using, you may be able to press * on your remote while the video is playing and going into the Accessibility settings to choose the audio track.  Some apps require you to choose the audio track via the app's menu before you start the video.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos