Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geoweb316
Reel Rookie

Roku 4620X no longer supported

Jump to solution

I just heard that my Roku 4620X will loose support this coming March 2023, Roku is migrating to a higher operating system (12).. Is that true

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4620X no longer supported

Jump to solution

The last developer update email I received only specified the 4400X and March was given as the time frame, but it's already on the Legacy list on the hardware page.  I know the last time they sent out emails to users there wasn't any model number specified causing great confusion, so if they did that again and you have a Roku 4 linked to your Roku account the email would be about that device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@geoweb316 

The latest Roku device to be sunset (support discontinued as of March 2023) and added to the "Legacy Device" list is the Roku 4 (model 4400x).

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

----

If the 4620x Premiere gets discontinued, then the 4630x Premiere+ and the 4640x Ultra would also be on the chopping block.  Since none of these are on the Legacy device list currently, and remain in the "Updatable Roku Device" listing, I would say you are good to go for a bit longer.

Perhaps @renojim can add to this if he has heard of any rumblings?

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

The last developer update email I received only specified the 4400X and March was given as the time frame, but it's already on the Legacy list on the hardware page.  I know the last time they sent out emails to users there wasn't any model number specified causing great confusion, so if they did that again and you have a Roku 4 linked to your Roku account the email would be about that device.

geoweb316
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good to know. Thank you.

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The 2015 Roku 4 (4400/Dallas) is on the chopping block, the only weirdo unit with a STV7723A01 processor.

The 2016 Roku Premiere (4620/Cooper) is still listed as upgradeable to 12.

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

0 Kudos
Peterpetrovich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra 4660x2 is not supporting Hulu Live TV. The above mentioned device goes to trash can and I am switching to another streaming device(Not Roku). 

renojim

Jump to solution

@Peterpetrovich, where did you hear the 4660 no longer supports Hulu Live TV?  Hulu's own website is less than helpful when it comes to what Roku models are supported.

0 Kudos
Peterpetrovich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update: Roku Ultra 4660x2 wasn't working because I was not able to use it without calling  HULU customer service  and manually entering my home network IP address on their side. So Roku Ultra is back on the shelf next to my TV. Keep doing good job Roku!

0 Kudos