Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TooManyHobbys
Reel Rookie

Roku 4 Constantly Restarts on Power Up

Jump to solution

On power up my Roku 4 tries to start then restarts. I really want to fix since this is the last Roku with audio out. I have tried reset, powering on and off, changing cables, disconnecting from internet, etc. Stuck in this restart loop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 4 Constantly Restarts on Power Up

Jump to solution

Do you have an SD card in it to expand memory? If so, remove it, then try. It sometimes gets corrupted. If the Roku properly reboots, put the card in another device and let it format it. Put it back in the Roku and it should then reformat it again for the Roku. It's only used to store channel downloads, so you don't really lose anything.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Do you have an SD card in it to expand memory? If so, remove it, then try. It sometimes gets corrupted. If the Roku properly reboots, put the card in another device and let it format it. Put it back in the Roku and it should then reformat it again for the Roku. It's only used to store channel downloads, so you don't really lose anything.

wbemb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I definitely think it's a Roku defect! Support thinks it's a joke! They know they have a problem.
The unit does the same to me. TV keeps turning on and off. It started out as a once-in-a-while problem. I have disconnected the unit totally. I think It's ruined my TV! The TV still keeps turning on and off. I'm pretty PO!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@wbemb, do you even have a Roku 4 (which is so far out of warranty it's not funny)?  Your problem is nothing like the OPs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos