Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku XD/S not updating

Jump to solution

@Jan966 I checked my Roku user page to see what offers are listed there, but it only shows trial subscriptions to a handful of channels. I know my actual devices show offers for hardware as well. Since you can't seem to get your old player back up, @RokuDanny-R can probably help you out. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jan966 wrote:

... I saw a quick screen telling me I can upgrade for $15.00 but it disappeared, and I could not get it back. Can I update my unit?...

First, there's not an update to the device. Roku will occasionally offer special prices on new Roku devices. You'd just be buying a new device at a discount.

If that offer is still available, it's likely a Roku Express. While it's a decent device, the network hardware is lacking, as it only supports the 2.4 GHz band (which, by the way, your Roku XDS had the same limitation). Not knowing what the issue was to begin with makes what I'm about to say uncertain.

If the issue with your first generation Roku device was related to connectivity, and if the device was in good working order, then it could be that your ISP has screwed around with the settings on the wireless router. Many are doing that. If the router settings were changed from b/g/n to g/n for the 2.4 GHz band, that could cause connectivity issues. That means if that was the original problem, you'd still have it if you replaced your Roku XDS with a Roku Express.

Any of the current Roku devices would vastly our-perform the Roku XDS, and run all sorts of app it won't run.

If the offer was available, you'd be getting a $30 Roku device for $15, a $15 savings. However, as I said, I'm not a fan of the Express because of the lesser network components.

Right now, you can find the Express 4K+ for $30 (regularly $40; a $10 savings) from Roku or at many retailers (Walmart, Best Buy, etc). Perhaps @RokuDanny-R can help with a bigger discount, but I've not seen the Express 4K+ below $30 that I can recall.

The Roku XDS was the top of the line device when I bought mine in 2010. The top spot in the lineup today is the Roku Ultra, which is $100 (it was recently on sale for around $20 off).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Jan966
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your quick response and for spending your time doing the research for me. I pray for God's blessings to be upon you.

Janet 

0 Kudos
Jan966
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so very much for your quick response and for all the information you have posted. I really appreciate you taking the time to post all the details, giving me more options.

God's blessing be upon you.

Janet

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jan966,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Have you logged into your Roku account online and checked roku.com/upgrade for promotions and exclusive discounts?

You can also provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Jan966
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mary,

Thank you for your response. I went to the page you suggested, and it read "No offers at this time".

ROKU XD/S, Model 2100X, Serial #KOAOCU025062

Thanking you in advance for any help you can offer.

Janet

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jan966,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you via email.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos