Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay_Kay0

Re: ROKU SERIAL NUMBER TO MODEL NUMBER LIST

@maxproandu I can't find what kind of Roku I have My serial number is 2N00GX582612 so what kind would it b

0 Kudos
maxproandu
Streaming Star

ROKU SERIAL NUMBER TO MODEL NUMBER LIST: 2N

We apologize for the delay. We don't have a 2N serial number in our Roku Streamer Database, and wanted to verify that it's not in any of our agents personal notes.

We have seen Roku TV's which start with 2N, but even going with the first four digits of the TV serial numbers have been inconclusive due to the fact that those S/N's are all over the place and tend to "repeat" on TV models with completely different Roku integrations.

If we find 2N Roku we'll revise the list.

itsizzi
Channel Surfer

WTF?!!! This process is absurdly, unnecessarily complicated BS. I should be able to find out what model I own by looking at my account! Instead I've spent an hour down some obscure rabbit hole, going through my account, googling answers, then on to my TV for my device, only to find a bunch of meaningless numbers that I then have to research further. I only want to know if my Roku model will pair with Apple Air Play and instead I have fallen into an endless vortex list of numbers and letters!

I should be able to find what model device I have, no matter how long ago I bought it, by looking up my purchases. Unbelieveably, my account shows nothing in the past 6 months. Why?! Roku should have no problem providing me with this information in a couple clicks. What do they do instead? Roku asks their customers to jump through these hoops because apparently they haven't figured out how to do what practically every other online retailer does ...offer customers a record of their purchase history!

LeMat
Reel Rookie

From OP's List -                                        SN: S0 - Roku Express - 3930X
Internal readings from connected App - SN: XO Roku Express369

From OP's List -                                        SN: K4 - Roku Premiere - 3920X
Internal readings from connected App - SN: YH Roku Premiere

From OP's List -                                        SN: Not Listed - Roku Stream Bar Pro
Internal readings from connected App - SN: YL Roku StreamBar Pro

It Appears the entire numbering and modeling scheme is incoherent and more trouble than it's worth.

This entire Cluster F is someone's fault, they should be questioned and tasked to overhaul and bring some clarity and updated information that is posted front page of Roku with a focus on adding value to the customer experience.

Roku has so much potential but doesn't seem to be driving any innovations or producing from a place of Techno Imagination, sad because they are in a prime spot to be a massive game changer but for some reason they aren't leveraging current tech, social platforms and an array of added value offerings that could generate multiple new streams of revenue.

Roku's strongest asset is that you can create a private channel. If they could encourage development, design and adoption of a revamped private channel experience with a focus on rich features for creators to start a private channel and have granular control over settings and options and really built out the Channel Creation side of this and held to a stance and refused outside pressure to censor,

Roku could at this very niche point in time could carve out a serious new platform that promotes creative value added services and subscriptions and a way to engage customers and members of the private channels in a never been done before way that could propel Roku as a social and creative tech leader if they could just find someone with imagination supported by a very persistent pitch man and an unorthodox team of creative designers and figured out how to leave the politics behind and bring fun back into social tech and give us a totally new way to engage,

so much potential, but if they can't get the modeling numbers scheme right what other basic tasks are you getting wrong? Roku feels dead, lifeless and without any creative direction or innovation. Hopefully something changes because I very much like the potential.

maxproandu
Streaming Star

ROKU SERIAL NUMBER TO MODEL NUMBER LIST

With some exception, usually the televisions and sound bars, Roku devices have two serial numbers.

In your examples above, the internal SN you find under the model number is the digital serial number. These generally start with the letter "Y", with the first two digits being shared by other model numbers.

If you look further down the list, usually under Roku support, you will find the device ID serial number. This is usually also found on the outside of the device (hints device ID), with a complete number indicating the model and where it was manufactured. Some of these exterior device ID serial numbers are nearly impossible to read, with the exterior model number being even less visible.

So why is there two types of serial numbers on a single Roku device? Well, it has to do with software. The exterior / ID serial number is generated before a Roku is actually manufactured. As stated earlier, it's all about manufacturing information. But when it comes to software, Roku needed to create a serial number that dealt with how the internal hardware supported the system OS. While Roku, as a company, utilizes both serial numbers for a given model and their databases, the software / internal serial number is all about the OS and how it incorporates the channels you install.

As everybody well knows, Roku can't get model names squared away, that's why we use model numbers. The same goes for serial numbers.

Incoherent, indeed!

The incomplete but fairly encompassing list of two digit Device ID serial numbers was just to help those identify what they have without powering the Roku device up.

maxproandu
Streaming Star

ROKU SERIAL NUMBER TO MODEL NUMBER LIST

If you simply go to the settings menu of any given Roku device, and you see "Apple AirPlay and HomeKit" option on the list, then that device is supported.

FastFurious
Roku Guru

@itsizzi  My government standards TV’s, air conditioners, washers, dryers, stoves, microwaves, disposables, grills or basically anything electronic has the serial number and model number either stamped on it or on a sticker. Every single Roku device has the model number written right on on the outside of the case. So does your tv, cable box, modem and more. 

0 Kudos
LeMat
Reel Rookie

"

@maxproandu wrote:

With some exception, usually the televisions and sound bars, Roku devices have two serial numbers.

In your examples above, the internal SN you find under the model number is the digital serial number. These generally start with the letter "Y", with the first two digits being shared by other model numbers.................................................

As everybody well knows, Roku can't get model names squared away, that's why we use model numbers. The same goes for serial numbers.

Incoherent, indeed!

The incomplete but fairly encompassing list of two digit Device ID serial numbers was just to help those identify what they have without powering the Roku device up.

I certainly appreciate your efforts to provide us with information and it's great information too.

Thank you for taking on this project and adding value to the community.

Now the Apple home kit tip,..that's was awesome thank you. 

0 Kudos
clifftaylor
Reel Rookie

Well said sir/madam! I'm new to Roku, and I'm amazed that a company can have a total lack of customer support.

Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @itsizzi, we noticed your post and would like to help you find if your Roku device will pair with Apple AirPlay.

We're leaving a couple of support articles to help find the serial number of your Roku device as well as how to use Airplay with it:

We're also going to be sending a PM to follow up with you. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to help further.

Thanks for your helpful comments, @maxproandu, and @LeMat. You both had great points.