Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmfort
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus 'OOPS channel not working right now'

Jump to solution

I have an older ROKU 2 XD (model 3060X) on my TV and I just subscribed to Paramount Plus streaming service. I went to the ROKU channel store and found the Paramount Plus channel app and downloaded and added it to my ROKU channel list on my home screen.

When I start the Paramount Plus app on my ROKU 2 XD, an error message pops up saying 'OOPS channel not working right now, we'll be fixing it later - try again' or something like that.

I called the Paramount Plus customer help line, and after several attempts of rebooting the ROKU player, checking for ROKU updates, removing and re-installing the Paramount Plus app, etc. ... we noticed that the ROKU Paramount app version number was VERSION 3.3... and the ROKU Channel store Paramount Plus app was VERSION 6.1 !!!

The Paramount Plus rep said that maybe the ROKU 2 XD is not compatible with the latest Paramount Plus app! So, do I need to get a NEWER ROKU player to run Paramount Plus version 6.1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus on ROKU 2 XD (model 3060X)

Jump to solution

Your player is no longer supported by Roku. The odds of a recently released channel, such as Paramount Plus, working on such an old device is slim. The Roku 2 XD (3050) was released over 10 years ago. It simply can't handle channels created the last couple of years. And since you don't get the latest version of the Roku OS, that is one reason newer channels will not work. 

Sounds like the Paramount CS person has no idea what devices are supported. Looking at their web site they provide zero information on supported devices. But as an example, Neither HBO Max nor Disney Plus will work on your Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092

Re: Paramount Plus on ROKU 2 XD (model 3060X)

Jump to solution

Your player is no longer supported by Roku. The odds of a recently released channel, such as Paramount Plus, working on such an old device is slim. The Roku 2 XD (3050) was released over 10 years ago. It simply can't handle channels created the last couple of years. And since you don't get the latest version of the Roku OS, that is one reason newer channels will not work. 

Sounds like the Paramount CS person has no idea what devices are supported. Looking at their web site they provide zero information on supported devices. But as an example, Neither HBO Max nor Disney Plus will work on your Roku. 

Dan

0 Kudos
rmfort
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus on a ROKU 2 XD

Jump to solution

THANKS ... your reply confirms my suspicion that my old ROKU 2 XD will not support the Paramount Plus channel ... too bad it still works great ... gets NETFLIX just fine ... so, I'll just order a new ROKU and see it that works. ... THANKS AGAIN

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@rmfort- Confirming suspicions:

CBS/Viacom wrote their Paramount Plus app to be compatible with the following Roku models.
(You can check your model and model number via Roku menu path Settings/System/about.)

Current information as of October 20, 2021. See link below for updates.

Supported models and versions (I think it's safe to assume that more recent models not yet listed by Paramount Plus are supported):
• Roku 3 and 4
• Roku Ultra and Ultra LT
• Roku Streaming Stick (3500x, 3600X or later)
• Roku Ultra
• Roku Premiere and Premiere+
• Roku Express and Express+
• Roku TV
• 4k Roku TV

No Longer Supported:
• Roku LT (2400X, 2450X)
• Roku HD (2500X)
• Roku 2 HD (3000X)
• Roku 2 XD (3050X)
• Roku 2 XS (3100X)
• Roku Streaming Stick (3400X and 3420X)

Source: How can I stream Paramount+ on my Roku? (Paramountplus.com)

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MSS50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do I find the current Roku promotion of 1 free month of Paramount Plus? I have a Roku Expression 3930R, so I assume that is supported on the list below.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Paramount+ on a ROKU 2 XD

Jump to solution

@MSS50 yes, the Express 3930 is supported. If you log into your Roku user account, there is a link that shows all available trials and promotions. https://my.roku.com/offers

However, when I looked under my account, I don't see anything for Paramount+ listed. Perhaps you need to contact Paramount themselves for the promotion. 

Dan

0 Kudos
MSS50
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount+ on a ROKU 2 XD

Jump to solution

Thank you - I checked and don't see the offer either. Someone had mentioned it in a different communit posting.

0 Kudos