Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need one streaming device for each tv set

I have a Roku 3.  I would like to get another streaming device for another TV.  Do I have to have another device for each TV or is there one product that will work with both TVs.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Do I need one streaming device for each tv set

@watcher1190 

You can either purchase a Roku device for each TV, or use the same Roku device and simply plug it into the HDMI port of your desired TV.  Roku devices are meant to be portable so can easily swap between TVs. (ie. just remove the Roku device from the Living Room TV and connect it to the HDMI port of the Bedroom TV).

You may need to go into Roku Settings and set up the TV controls (volume, power on/off) if you are using different TV manufacturers, but other than that, you should be good to go.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Do I need one streaming device for each tv set

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

0 Kudos