Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Wire roku app won’t install

I have a Roku 2 xs and I’m trying to install the daily wire app, but I keep getting an error each time.

Every other app I have tried works, so I was wondering if there was a way I could get this to work?

I do have the Roku updated to the latest os it can go to. Thanks.

-God Bless

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Daily Wire roku app won’t install

The Roku 2 XS (3100X) is no longer supported, as it is now considered a Legacy Product.  The latest software update it received is Roku OS 9.1.  Today, current Roku devices have the newest software revision, Roku OS 11.  So, you’d be better off getting a newer Roku model that’s made after 2017/2018. I’d recommend a Roku Premiere (that is, if your TV set has an HDMI input).

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Daily Wire roku app won’t install

@atlantic546 

While it was a good device in its day, the Roku 2XS (model 3100) is long discontinued and no longer receives support. Many app developers have chosen to not support the Legacy devices.

Any of the current lineup of Roku devices would be a huge improvement over the Roku 2XS device. It came with a Bluetooth remote, and while none of the current lineup support the Bluetooth remote, all but the Express come with a wireless (but not Bluetooth) remote. I bring that up in case you are used to the "point anywhere" experience from 9-11 years of using the Roku 2XS.

So, replacement may be in order. I suggest staying away from the Express as it only supports 2.4 GHz band and the Simple Remote (line of sight IR), though you can add a Voice Remote to it.

I have no experience with the Express 4K+, but some here seem to like it. It's viewed as an acceptable middle tier device that replaced the Premiere a little over a year ago.

While the Streaming Stick 4K and Streaming Stick 4K+ work well, the only difference is the remote (the plus version has the Voice Remote Pro, not the Voice Remote), so the lower priced one is usually a better bargain. However, if there is an issue with the WiFi, the cable (which contains the guts of the WiFi) is consistently out of stock, so resolving a WiFi equipment issue is nearly impossible with the current sticks.

The Ultra occupies the same place in the lineup as your old Roku 2XS, and is similarly priced. Walmart has the Ultra for $10 off, but they stock both this year's and last year's, but priced within $2 of each other, so actually going to the store and looking at the box for model 4802 will ensure you get the best device for the best price.

If you've been thinking about adding a sound bar to your system, the Streambar and Streambar Pro are good options. Though priced higher, they aren't quite as good as the Ultra, but are pretty darn good Roku devices in their own right.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."