Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ceemi

Channels removed with software update to purple roku stick

Jump to solution

I have a 2nd gen purple roku stick (3500R) that just did a auto software update.  The update removed the Apple+ and Peacock channels I had installed.  Tried individually searching for those channels and got a "no results" message.

Why did these channels delete and how do I get them back? Can I restore the previous software version to my device?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Channels removed with software update to purple roku stick

Jump to solution

Looking at this list at the Peacock site, they don’t seem to claim to support that model. (You have a 2014 model, and they start at the 2016 version of the streaming stick.)

And this page seems to preclude AppleTV on that model.  (They also start with the 2016 model.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Ceemi

Channels removed with software update to purple roku stick

Jump to solution

I have a 2nd gen purple roku stick (3500R) that just did a auto software update.  The update removed the Apple+ and Peacock channels I had installed.  Tried individually searching for those channels and got a "no results" message.

Why did these channels delete and how do I get them back? Can I restore the previous software version to my device?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Looking at this list at the Peacock site, they don’t seem to claim to support that model. (You have a 2014 model, and they start at the 2016 version of the streaming stick.)

And this page seems to preclude AppleTV on that model.  (They also start with the 2016 model.)

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I posted in your other thread.

Ceemi

Jump to solution

thank you!  Sorry for the duplication. I wasn't sure if moderators were the same across discussion channels.

0 Kudos
Ceemi

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!  I didn't realize it was app related vs device related.  I'm disappointed to learn this but this is perfect information and very helpful. 

I appreciate the response. 

0 Kudos