Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Roku Player Be Donated to a Town's Senior Center

Jump to solution

I couldn't find any way to email and ask this question. I recently purchased a new streaming stick, so I want to donate my 2016 Roku Player for use at my local senior center. Since the center is owned and operated by my town, are there any governmental issues? Can my library simply set up a new Roku account and use this donation? Note: This device was originally received free when I subscribed to Hulu.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Can a Roku Player Be Donated to a Town's Senior Center

Jump to solution

Hello @DianeH85616

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can definitely donate your old Roku device as long as you will factory reset it before handing it over. Factory reset will log out your account from the device then the new user can proceed to create their own Roku account. 

If you need assistance on how to reset a player, check out this Support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick response, Kariza! I've already done a factory reset, I just need to unlink it from my account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @DianeH85616

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can definitely donate your old Roku device as long as you will factory reset it before handing it over. Factory reset will log out your account from the device then the new user can proceed to create their own Roku account. 

If you need assistance on how to reset a player, check out this Support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick response, Kariza! I've already done a factory reset, I just need to unlink it from my account.

0 Kudos