MBJ713
Channel Surfer

Can I just get the speakers set?

I just want the speakers, do not need another remote or table touch box!?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I just get the speakers set?

@MBJ713 wrote:

If you are referring to the Roku speakers, I believe they are only compatible with a Roku TV. You can't add them to any other device, Roku or otherwise. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MBJ713
Channel Surfer

I already have the Smart SoundBar and remote that come with. Just don't want nother remote and touch box! I am asking if I can just order the speaker set only?

@atc98092 wrote:

@MBJ713 wrote:

If you are referring to the Roku speakers, I believe they are only compatible with a Roku TV. You can't add them to any other device, Roku or otherwise. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

But the speakers come with the remotes. Your existing Roku remote won't control them. So no, you can't just buy the speakers all by themselves. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

They aren't available separately, and anyways it will not work with just a Roku soundbar, you HAVE to have a Roku tv to use the Roku wireless speakers. Unlike the soundbar that can be used with any type of tv. 

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MBJ713
Channel Surfer

Which Remote will I use, sorry but just got the SmartSound Bar yesterday and it now controls soundbar, subwoofer and TV!  So if I understand correctly the Speakerset Remote will take over the SmartSound Bar Remote?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@MBJ713 wrote:

Which Remote will I use, sorry but just got the SmartSound Bar yesterday and it now controls soundbar, subwoofer and TV!  So if I understand correctly the Speakerset Remote will take over the SmartSound Bar Remote?

No, I don't believe the speaker remote will assume control of the other devices. Frankly. I see no benefit to adding the Roku speakers to your Soundbar. Also, since you bought a SmartSound Bar, I'm assuming your TV is not a Roku TV, since there's no need for a smart TV with the soundbar. And if your TV isn't a Roku TV, then there's no way to connect the Roku speakers anyway. They are wireless, and only connect to a Roku TV.

Dan

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Roku Guru

It's going to depend on how you use the speakers.  If you set them up with the soundbar, as surrounds or a 4.1 configuration, you would not need to remote that came with the wireless speakers.  Volume to all speakers would then be controlled by your soundbar remote, and the soundbar remote would be used as you have it now.  

Just go to the remote and devices menu in soundbar to pair wireless speakers and you all set.

atc98092

@Karmagedon wrote:

It's going to depend on how you use the speakers.  If you set them up with the soundbar, as surrounds or a 4.1 configuration, you would not need to remote that came with the wireless speakers.  Volume to all speakers would then be controlled by your soundbar remote, and the soundbar remote would be used as you have it now.  

Just go to the remote and devices menu in soundbar to pair wireless speakers and you all set.

Ah, a new feature I wasn't aware of. Thanks for offering the info!

Dan

0 Kudos
mark_ely

Yes. Walmart sells a version of the Roku TV Wireless Speakers under their Onn brand. They are called the Onn Wireless Surround Speakers and can be used either with the Roku Smart Soundbar or a Roku TV. Also, a version of the Roku Wireless Speakers without remotes will soon be available on Amazon (currently out of stock). Thanks!

0 Kudos