9030X speakers will not pair

I just purchased 9030X speakers and they will not pair. Ran through every bit of advice I could find on the community, but nothing matches my situation. 

The new remote I received with the package paired without issue. When I plug in the speakers the voice commands start stating that they are in pairing mode. I held the home button and was taken to pairing. The only option I get is to pair a remote. I don't see an option to pair the speaker.  I also went through Setting, remote and devices and still only see an option to pair remotes. 

I have checked all network connections

I have tried this with three different TV's and three different rooms

I have reset all devices

I have ensured the my software is up to date

I am not using a sound bar

Please help! Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 9030X speakers will not pair

These Tv's are Roku tv's? The Roku Wireless Speakers will only work with Roku tv's and now the Roku Smart soundbar. Without the roku soundbar it will not work on any non-Roku tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response! Ugh sounds like I didn't do enough homework before I purchased. I don't have a Roku TV. If I buy the sound bar, will they work with a non Roku TV? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Once they're updating with newest software, yes. When connecting the roku soundbar to your tv you need to use the Hdmi-ARC it will allow audio & video to go from the soundbar to your tv, and at the same time allow audio from other devices connected to your tv to go back to the soundbar. If your tv doesn't have an ARC input you will have to use regular hdmi and optical for the two way traffic of signals. Never use ARC with optical. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos