Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

what happened to remote phone app

has anyone else just had their phone remote app get updated to a horrible new app?     the controls are too small for a man to use and can't see all my channels other than by swiping forever.    this is the worst upgrade i have ever seen and not happy!    WTH Roku, offer us the ability to not use this abysmal excuse to trying to be cute with a new upgrade, maybe you had it working already without forcing this refresh.    this is such a personal thing to  a person and never would have thought it would have upset me so much til i have to now be very careful and hit control buttons perfectly, again large man fingers, or else continue to hit wrong buttons til frustration boils over as it has for me!    i would be fired from my job in technology if i presented and pushed through such a horrid "upgrade" to a perfectly sound app.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: what happened to remote phone app

My wife and I agree that the old simple app did what was needed. 
This new version is far too busy. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I agree 100%!  Couldn't find the the control button at first!  I hope they see this and allow us a choice!

Highlighted
Level 7

I especially dislike that the TV comes on automatically when the remote app comes up.

I have multiple Roku TVs and may be changing the device associated with the remote.

But the wrong TV comes up anyway.

This was not well thought out.