Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobcatos
Level 7

roku android app crashes

Jump to solution

The Roku app on my android phone has started crashing.  This started about two weeks ago.  I have two Rokus.  In my office I have a recent Roku Express feeding a DVI monitor using an HDMI->DVI cable.  I've been getting sound through the android app on my phone, but now that fails.  I tried an HDMI sound extractor to a separate amplifier, but that doesn't work.  I can get sound but the video has a magenta background.  Or I can get proper video, but no sound.
The other system is a new Roku Ultra in the living room with an HDMI HD TV and a sound extractor feeding a better amp and speakers than in the TV.  It all works fine.
I have rebooted the Roku and the phone.  Until I get a real HDMI monitor or TV, I have only the Roku android app to provide me with sound, so I'm dead in the water.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: roku android app crashes

Jump to solution
You've rebooted the Roku and the phone.. have you tried uninstalling the Roku app from the phone and reinstalling it?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Jump to solution
You've rebooted the Roku and the phone.. have you tried uninstalling the Roku app from the phone and reinstalling it?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
bobcatos
Level 7

Jump to solution
Yes, I did, but when I reinstalled, it just restored it from the trash.  This time, I purged the trash and reinstalled it.  Now it works.  Thanks for the clue.  The developer for the app must have come from Microserf.
0 Kudos