Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

iPhone app will connect to my TCL Roku TV only if I reset the wireless network

I have multiple Roku units and TCL Roku TVs, all of which work flawlessly with the iPhone app - except one. When I try to connect to this particular TCL Roku TV, I get the "Eco Mode" countdown, but it won't connect unless I reset the wireless network on the Roku TV. Then it'll work for a day or two, then it'll stop working. 

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? The network is solid, with plenty of other devices operating on it without issue. The iPhone app is the latest version. Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: iPhone app will connect to my TCL Roku TV only if I reset the wireless network

Use the remote and be happy.

My guess is its the older of your Tv's........correct?

Are you in the EU?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: iPhone app will connect to my TCL Roku TV only if I reset the wireless network

Bought the TV brand new in 2018. I'm in the U.S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Use the remote and be happy.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos