Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghb51
Level 8

iPhone Roku app and iOS 12

I installed iOS 12 yesterday and the Roku app no longer sees any devices on my network, it worked fine on 11.4.*, tried rebooting everything, manually entering ip, no luck. This is with two Roku Express 3900 and one Roku 3 4200, just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: iPhone Roku app and iOS 12

Just checked the app on my phone. It sees all three Rokus on the network (2 TVs and an Ultra) and has the rest registered to my account but greyed out because they aren't online. Phone is a 6S and has iOS 12. Make sure your phone is connected to your home network wi-fi. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 8

"atc98092" wrote:
Just checked the app on my phone. It sees all three Rokus on the network (2 TVs and an Ultra) and has the rest registered to my account but greyed out because they aren't online. Phone is a 6S and has iOS 12. Make sure your phone is connected to your home network wi-fi. 

Thanks for checking, yeah, made sure it's on my home network and even split up the ssid's since I usually use the same name/password for both bands, but no luck. Seems safe to rule out iOS 12 now though.
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 8

Found the problem, I have frame management protection enabled on my router, disabled it and all Rokus showed up right away, not sure why the app worked before now since it's always been enabled, but problem solved.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Yep, when you have managed switches and routers, there can be little hidden settings that can really cause issues sometimes. Glad you found it. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos