Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

iPhone Media Controls / Bluetooth Earbud Controls

I've been using private listening forever!  With newer headphones and earbuds having the ability to start and stop media when you take them off/put them on, I'm having trouble with the Roku.  When I put my earphones on/earbuds in, music starts and the Roku stops and disconnects.  If I inadvertently touch the earbuds, they start music, disconnecting the Roku.

Is it possible to make the Roku app and private listening work like other media apps like Apple Music, Youtube, media running on Chrome, Netflix, Hulu, etc.?  Meaning, the play/pause on my headphones will play/pause the Roku?  Also, the lock screen media widget would show Roku and the play/pause would work.

Is there any way to do this?  Any way to request the feature?

Although I don't think it's related, I know these questions are always asked:  I can say I have two Roku Premiere Ultras, a Roku Streaming Stick + and two Roku TVs.  All work with Private Listening and all behave the way mentioned above.  I have never NOT had this issue, but most recently I've had this issue with an iPhone 8+, X, XS, XS Max and 11 Pro Max.  The headphones are plugged in (play/pause), Airpods Pro, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2, Beats PowerBeats Pro and Bose QC Earbuds (got'em today!).  Everything is running the latest updates/firmware/software/etc.

Apologies if this has been asked, I can't find info on this anywhere (I can't believe I'm the only person with this issue!).

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: iPhone Media Controls / Bluetooth Earbud Controls

My private listening hasn’t worked since the newest iOS update. I have no idea how to fix! Thanks for asking! Hopefully there’s an answer soon’

0 Kudos