Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

iOS Roku Mobile App doesn't stay connected

For some reason, my iPhone Xs Max will disconnect for no reason.  Sometimes its 30 seconds, sometimes its a few minutes.  The phone does not go into lock mode, it just reports that it's disconnected and you have to connect again. Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: iOS Roku Mobile App doesn't stay connected

Uninstall your app once and again download and configure it with your Roku TV.

It will help you.

OnlineTvHelp
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks.. tried that.. same results

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@dkardell 

Thanks for the note here. Are you minimizing the app to the background, or locking your iPhone screen after initially connecting to your Roku device? Have you reviewed your phone's settings to see if any may relate to this behavior, such as power management, battery saving, or data restriction features, etc.? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Not in the background.  Sitting there on the remote screen.  I'm an ios developer myself so trying to think why this would be happening.  If you select retry connect it finds it and all is good.  It's just that another 90 seconds and it disconnects again.  Running the latest and greatest on everything

Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem. Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem here but it tells me that in order to use private listening I must disconnect mobile because of too many connections????

Highlighted
Level 7

Possibly just an app(version) issue? 

I’m researching this to help my dad and can’t help but notice all of these comments have come in fairly close succession. Maybe it’s a coincidence, but maybe it could be an issue with whatever version of the app you’re all running? 

*Not an expert. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Mine seemed to be a phone issue because my phone wouldn’t keep connected to my WiFi. Don’t know if that is why your having trouble too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wifi issues are completely possible in my (Dad’s) case ... will feedback if/when I learn something. Thank you!

0 Kudos