Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: i want to connect earbuds

Jump to solution

@Lgb0250 

What is the make and model of your TV?

Some TVs you can do the above if you have multiple audio OUT sources.

You won't necessarily be accomplishing this "through" the Roku, but may be available from the features of your TV or external device.  Kind of a similar principle for people using Bluetooth hearing aids.

Some TVs allow you to plug wired headphones in while speakers remain active.  I remember a couple of threads addressing this in past.  I may be able to find the links to the accessories when back at the computer later this eve.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Lgb0250 

Here is a quick link that was saved in my phone that explains the basics and has some audio transmitter links.  

Gives you the general idea. (Mentions how to try and work in with Roku devices).

https://avantree.com/blog/hearing-audio-through-tv-speaker-and-headphones-at-the-same-time.html

0 Kudos
Lgb0250
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is my model tv hisense-58-in-class-r7e-series-4k-uhd-hdr-smart-roku-tv-58r7e1. It does have optical, 3.5 and RCA connections.

I have the optical in use now with an Oticon TV3 streamer for my hearing aids. Listening to the tv when connected to my aids is just another world altogether. It’s like virtual reality as far as sound goes. I’ve been trying to figure out how to give my wife this same experience using her Bluetooth buds but no success so far. Hopefully this Bluetooth transmitter will do the job. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Lgb0250 

Here is Amazon's page for the Avantree line I mentioned previously. (https://www.amazon.com/stores/Avantree/Homepage/page/86FB8A72-4042-4B0C-838B-90525A4C777E).

---

That must have been why it was saved on my phone.  These were the accessories I was thinking about.  Looking through the line of products and transmitters, similar to the link you posted earlier.

Jump to solution

theres's a bunch of roku apps. Can you possibly post a link?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dalmationlady

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: Install the mobile app

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos