Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

cant Connect streaming stick to home network with remote app

My Roku remote won’t work and because I got a new modem my phone app and streaming stick won’t work because I can’t connect to it to change the network settings 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: cant Connect streaming stick to home network with remote app

@ch2 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your Roku Streaming Stick remote is no longer working, you will likely need to  purchase a replacement remote, as you will only be able to connect to the mobile app if the device is connected to your network.

Can you please let us know which Roku Streaming Stick you have so we can make the appropriate remote replacement recommendation?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: cant Connect streaming stick to home network with remote app

@ch2 wrote:

My Roku remote won’t work and because I got a new modem my phone app and streaming stick won’t work because I can’t connect to it to change the network settings 

As @RokuDanny-R mentioned, you can't connect a Roku Stick to a network without a working remote. What you can try is changing the wireless name (SSID) to match your old network name, and use the same password. As long as the Stick hasn't been reset, it should re-connect if it's the last network it was successfully connected to. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos