Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk2
Level 7

cannot iphone to Premiere+

My app on my iPhone cannot connect to the Roku premiere+.  They are absolutely on the same network.  I tried adding it manually too, that did not work.  I tried turning off and on the device, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Sometimes when the app searches it DOES see the premiere+ device, but then it will not connect.  Other times it says it cannot find it.  I am so frustrated.  I bought it over other options because of the iphone control.  But it does not work.  There is no customer service phone number or me to call, and the notes on how to return the device don't work.  Although I can see the device on my screen, I cannot 'select it' to return it.  Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: cannot iphone to Premiere+

You say they are "absolutely" on the same network. You might be aware, but it's possible to have your wireless devices, all connected to the same network, not be able to see/connect to other devices on your network. Different router manufacturers label it differently, but look for any privacy or guest settings. Also, If you know how to see your IP address on the phone you can check it to confirm it is assigned an IP address in the same range that the Roku device has. Again, it's possible to configure a wireless network to use different address ranges, and the phone and Roku have to be in the same range.

I have no issues connecting my iPhone XR to my Roku devices on my home network, so the app itself appears to be working correctly. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos