Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nnelson610
Level 7

YouTube Audio Distortion With Roku iPhone App Private Listening After Ad Or Pause

I recently started experiencing an audio issue when watching YouTube with private listening through the Roku app on iPhone.  The video will play fine until an ad plays.  About one second after the video restarts after the ad is complete the audio will become very distorted (i.e. stuttering).  The same issue occurs if I pause and restart the video.

I have confirmed this issue is consistent across two different Roku Ultras (both updated) and have not experienced the issue with other channels such as Netflix or Hulu.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the YouTube app on the Roku and removing and reinstalling the Roku app on my iPhone with no change.

My current workaround is to disable private listening when the ad starts and reenable private listening when the video restarts.  This works for now, but I would like help finding a permanent resolution.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4\
luchoguicho
Level 7

Re: YouTube Audio Distortion With Roku iPhone App Private Listening After Ad Or Pause

I have the same issue. Were you able to solve your problem? Accoriding to other users the issue started with the roku app update.

0 Kudos
captain4horns
Level 7

Re: YouTube Audio Distortion With Roku iPhone App Private Listening After Ad Or Pause

Same here. If I pause then close app and start it again it is ok nut can randomly start stuttering again. Says to check network connection. Which is excellent. Basically this issue just started out of the blue a week or two ago. Oh and god forbid if I try to fast forward or rewind a video. Youtube loses its mind.

0 Kudos
captain4horns
Level 7

Oh and I have tried every fix there is going as I see similar issues have been plaguing people on and off for a year or two now. Not really seen any fixes. Would happily return the roku and try a different device altogether at this point

0 Kudos
motivatedchange
Level 7

I am also having this issue, on both YouTube and YouTubeTV as well as a couple of other apps. I have to turn private listening off and turn it back on at the start of every video or broadcast I watch or it stutters and buffers to the point where the Roku thinks my internet died. Have tried on two different Express devices and using the app on two different phones.

Issues started for me after the last update to the app.

0 Kudos