Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gadworx
Level 7

Windows Store App — What happened?

Jump to solution

Last year I bout a Roku TV for my daughter and was thrilled that there was a Windows 10 App for controlling the Roku (like she also used on her iPhone). So I buy an Ultra later and go to get the Windows 10 App and it says "Unavailable" in the Windows Store. I think this is just a temp thing, thinking there is an update coming or something. I keep checking back and it appears it is not coming back! Argh!

Googling this, there are a lot of unhappy campers like me out there. 

I have the Android App, but I want the Windows App with my Windows Tablet that controls everything else in my media room! What is going on? Was it removed so we will buy the tabletop remote? I hope that is not the reason.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Windows Store App — What happened?

Jump to solution

Yes, it was removed. No official explanation was given. It did have a bug that I recall, but have forgotten exactly what it was. Couldn't log into your Roku account if I remember correctly. Apparently the bean counters at Roku decided their app budget was better spent on iOS and Android devices. I too believe that to be a mistake, but I'm just another user like yourself. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

Yes, it was removed. No official explanation was given. It did have a bug that I recall, but have forgotten exactly what it was. Couldn't log into your Roku account if I remember correctly. Apparently the bean counters at Roku decided their app budget was better spent on iOS and Android devices. I too believe that to be a mistake, but I'm just another user like yourself. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

gadworx
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes they made a mistake if they have permanently removed it. I appreciate your response. Let's hope they come to thier senses.

0 Kudos