Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shamus2k
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
One more disappointment among many recently. I have more than just a few Roku devices, and have had them since the beginning. But now I think I will be leaving the Roku ecosystem and moving on. After Roku deliberately removed support for Roku 3 remotes from the sticks (I used them for the headphone jacks), the unannounced crippling/abandonment of the Windows 10 app, dwindling support for users of Rokus, and dwindling support for Roku by developers, IMHO, Roku is all but dead. I'm out. Much better options out there now.
Highlighted
icecold
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here been trying to find answer for a while then to find out Roku app support has gave up helping the Windows 10 pro users is a pretty low goal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
stevemol
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sure, Windows Mobile is dead, but not Windows!

I use the app on a brand new Surface tablet.

You should not be ignoring Windows!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
whalebecky
Level 7

Jump to solution

they say its not supported so what do we do now is what i would like is a answer which they always never give you. so why the support. what a joke

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Josephur
Level 7

Jump to solution

To not support Windows is insane, I will keep this in mind the next time I purchase a TV or streaming device.  I get that supporting Windows Apps from the App Store is kinda lame, but if your going to take away the only app that we have on Windows the least you could do is write a proper Windows application to take it's place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RSVector
Level 7

Jump to solution

To close the loop, I'll note that the app has now been removed from the Windows store. Value that we paid for when we purchased Roku devices has been removed. I'll look for alternatives as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mschmidt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Download app then chrome://extensions click on Load unpacked

I'm running Windows 10 with Roku Remote 

Remoku 2.0.1 Control your Roku with a web app with Chrome Works Great

Make sure your on the same network as your Roku Good Luck!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HippieFreek
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is considered a 'solution'?  "We can't fix it, so we're discontinuing it"?

In a very competitive market, this does not bode well for your products' long-term survival.  Guess it's time to head back to the drawing board and research what else is out there.  Hopefully the six Roku products I have now still have some resale value.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jujubean
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this issue now myself and nothing is working right. It let's me watch my Roku for awhile then pops up the error code. I have reset reinstalled and everything else and it's still doin it. Help please

0 Kudos