Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mjwbowles
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
I am having the same issue. Can we please get a response from someone who is with tech support at Roku?

Thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bmowrer
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
Ditto, 10/15/18. Just discovered the issue as I have not used this app on the PC for quite a while.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
"mjwbowles" wrote:
I am having the same issue. Can we please get a response from someone who is with tech support at Roku?

Thank you

This forum is not technical support. While there are Roku moderators, and they do attempt to assist users with issues, that's not the forum's purpose. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Basil
Level 10

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
"atc98092" wrote:
"mjwbowles" wrote:
I am having the same issue. Can we please get a response from someone who is with tech support at Roku?

Thank you

This forum is not technical support. While there are Roku moderators, and they do attempt to assist users with issues, that's not the forum's purpose. 

While what you said is true, what other options might he have?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
"Basil" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
"mjwbowles" wrote:
I am having the same issue. Can we please get a response from someone who is with tech support at Roku?

Thank you

This forum is not technical support. While there are Roku moderators, and they do attempt to assist users with issues, that's not the forum's purpose. 

While what you said is true, what other options might he have?

Basil, I wish I had something to offer him. I wish that Roku either had an email address for technical support, or made use of this forum for actual customer support. I know Shawn works hard here trying to help people, but Roku needs to offer better technical support. I've tried the app myself, and encounter the same error, so I'm certain it's nothing with the end user. The app itself has a bug, and if Roku is the one responsible for it they need to address it. I just checked in the Apple app store, and it shows Roku Inc as the developer, but no method of support for it. All I can offer right now would be to enter a bad review in the app store and see if that gets their attention. I've also heard that Roku seems to respond to posts on their Facebook page, so that might be another option.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
danrvm
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
Visit https://support.roku.com/contactus
They offer chat, email, and phone support options.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bmowrer
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
FWIW, I am currently playing email ping pong with Roku support on this issue. I will post back if/when I make any headway...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bmowrer
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
The issue has been escalated to the "technical team" for investigation after I had to provide copious amounts of information about my system.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SeniorOp
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
I also am seeing this. (Just bought and installed Roku Ultra a couple of weeks ago or so.) My regular remote and my Android Roku app have no problems, and the unit itself is working fine -- it's just the Windows app that has a problem (for me).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stromtrooper
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
I'm also having this problem as of today (11/13/2018).  My Roku works fine with its own remote and responds to the app, but if I attempt to use the app to access a password-protected streaming service (specifically, I use Sling TV,) it asks for my credentials and then gives the HTTP Error.  I know the credentials I typed in are correct.
0 Kudos