Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahughes86
Level 7

Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
I am having issues signing into the ROKU Windows 10 app. I keep receiving an Error; HTTP Error. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Jump to solution
Thanks for the notes here.  

The Roku mobile app for Windows is no longer supported. You can find our app for Android and iOS devices here: https://www.roku.com/mobile-app

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
52 Replies
Adeland
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am having the exact same problem and am getting same error message.  The app does control my Roku, but it requests sign-on when I click on 'streaming channels' icon.  Would really appreciate any advice, am not even sure what the 'streaming channels' icon does ... thanks much.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution
Just tried it on one of my computers, and can confirm there's an issue. Either there's a problem at the Roku server, or Roku needs to update their Windows app. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Jump to solution
We had a few issues today that may have contributed to this problem.  I think most of the issues have been resolved, but give it at least another 24 hours and then report back if you're still having issues.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
rbx4
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hello--I have this error with my Windows 10 Roku app, and it has been going on for 3 days now in a new installation. I have not actually gotten the app to get past this error at all, but my Roku device otherwise works.
0 Kudos
H_Boyce
Level 7

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue. I was able to open the app; however, when trying to access channels or use other features (aside from the remote) I'm required to log in again. It is at this point that I receive the response of HTTP ERROR.  I've tried my Roku login as well as my Windows login, just in case. I tried purposely entering incorrect information to see if I'd receive a different error message, but the response remains the same. 

If anyone is aware of troubleshooting steps that lead to a resolution - please share.
0 Kudos
AJ_
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RokuShawnS" wrote:
We had a few issues today that may have contributed to this problem.  I think most of the issues have been resolved, but give it at least another 24 hours and then report back if you're still having issues.

I've been having the same problem for well over a week now.  I don't think that this relates to the problems from the 26th, as my issue predated that day, and the problem that I (and other users) am experiencing are continuing.  Has this issue been escalated?
0 Kudos
danrvm
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same problem here. Tried two different networks.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution
Just tried it again myself, and same error. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Yup, same error for weeks.

Perhaps Shawn meant "give it 24 days"? :roll:
0 Kudos