Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: App does not find my Roku

There's no issue with the device with the app being on 5 GHz and the Roku being on 2.4 GHz, or vice versa. If a Roku cannot be found in the app, there's something specific about the wireless network that needs to be configured. I currently see all 7 Roku devices on my network. Some are wired, some are connected to 2.4 GHz, and some to 5 GHz. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SoupDogg

Maybe not with yours, but that is exactly what the problem was with mine and what fixed it immediately after changing my router settings.

0 Kudos
fivel1140

I have the same issue with my 3920X, worked fine until 2 days ago, now my iphone 10 won't find the device, tried all the stuff in the help guide, manually entered the IP address from the device and the remote app won't recognize it. As I said, it worked fine for months. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fivel1140

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that were recently provided in this thread to see if that helps resolve the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Phils_tcltv
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku app can't find (only) one of my Roku devices

I’m in a similar situation , however, even more frustrating as the app was working up until a day or two ago. 
What’s new? I recently upgraded to an iPhone 13Pro and iOS 15. 

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @Phils_tcltv

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We recommend that you try restarting your wireless network, and then rebooting both your device and mobile app. 

For other troubleshooting steps to connect the Roku Mobile app to your device please visit our Support page: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Bdoobs
Reel Rookie

This is Rokus issue: started with iOS15, but iOS is not at fault, it’s Roku bc they are in apples sandbox.

anyways, I’m returning my TVs unless there is a software update before the return window.

this isn’t a network problem: the TVs worked fine for months until ios15, just don’t let roku think it’s apples fault

broadcast errors guys? Ips not binding?

0 Kudos
Jbreitbarth
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. The remote in the app worked fine earlier today, but now can’t find my TV. I’ve tried inputting it manually, restarting, and deleting and reinstalling the app. 

0 Kudos
Jbreitbarth
Reel Rookie

I was able to solve my issue by manually inputting the Roku wireless IP address into my phone. I’m 

0 Kudos
Ram2
Reel Rookie

I have 2 stand alone Rokus and one built into a Tv. The app always sees the One built into the tv. About 6 months ago the stand alone Rokus could not be found with the app but still sees Roku Tv. Tried all the troubleshooting suggestions but could not see them again. I went out and purchased a new one and the new one will not show up either??  Why the Roku TV and not the stand alone Rokus ??

0 Kudos