Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nihaya
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't find device

The main issue I’m sure is from Roku TV but everyone keep telling it’s from app and I have 3 phone so it’s impossible to be from the app it was working before and still working but not on my TV and that why I’m sure

0 Kudos
Azarae

Re: App does not find my Roku

I have the same issue with the app on my Samsung GALAXY 20, the app says no device found i have a TLC 55' roku tv. I can screen cast from the same phone no problem.

The tv has a working wifi connection I use daily.  But I cannot screen share from any of my apple products (laptop / phone) but I can from Kindle,  and HP laptop?   Ideas? 

Jay_F
Channel Surfer

I'm not certain but I think Apple restricts casting to all but Apple TV products.  They control their universe very tightly. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Jay_F wrote:

I'm not certain but I think Apple restricts casting to all but Apple TV products.  They control their universe very tightly. 

AirPlay 2 is being added to Roku devices. However, we don't know which devices will receive it, all they've said is "some" 4K devices. For me, my Ultra 4670 is the only one appearing when I select Screen Mirror on my iPhone XR. 

Also, the post above yours is talking about a Samsung device, which is Android, not iOS. And the thread itself is about the app available on both Android and iOS devices, and isn't about casting anything. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lilac2017
Reel Rookie

Hear! Hear! You should have tons of upvotes!

0 Kudos
bella02

mines is doing the same thing and i have done everything, it connected to my internet but it doesn’t connect to my phone pls help 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bella02

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jazzy1

Re: can't connect to phone

I won’t connect to my phone 

0 Kudos
aw11

I had the same issue but fixed it. I was unable to connect from my iPhone Roku app to any Roku or RokuTV. I couldn’t AirPlay, or connect manually to the IP address even though the devices were on the same network. Resolution: in the iPhone WiFi settings, I turned off the private address and renewed lease. Everything  began working. I went back and turn on private address later. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Mamamayhem

So, I was experiencing the exact same issue. After trying EVERYTHING it still wasn't working. I finally tapped on my profile in the APP and I noticed I wasn't signed in! After signing in, the issue was resolved. I would check there 1st in the future. Its a lot easier to simply sign back into your Roku account than configuring IP address and restarting everything!!

0 Kudos