Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay_F
Channel Surfer

Re: App does not find my Roku

The way to test if your router is blocking guests from seeing each other is to login to the guest network from a computer and try to ping your Roku device. If it replies, your router isn't the issue. If it times out, your router is blocking guest devices from seeing each other. 

0 Kudos
Heyyofan
Binge Watcher

How do I go back to 5ghz from 2.4ghz?

0 Kudos

Re: Roku app can't find (only) one of my Roku devices

Same here. I even verified that my network isn’t setup to hide connected devices (I checked all the settings that could possibly cause a problem). Everything is in order. I think it is an issue with the TV. I can’t get the Roku mirror app to locate my Roku TV either. Everything is on the same WiFi network and within the acceptable IP range on my mobile device. It makes no sense. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Heyyofan wrote:

How do I go back to 5ghz from 2.4ghz?

I use different SSIDs on the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios, so I know exactly what band I'm using. Some WiFi points don't permit that, in which case I don't think you have any ability to force using one band or the other, short of disabling the 2.4 GHz radio. But if you do that, then any single band devices won't be able to connect. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
woolard2

Roku app not finding devices to connect

I have multiple units that use the Roku app and all of a sudden none of them are able to find any devices. I tried inputting the ip address manually and it wont accept that either. We reset the modem and router, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on multiple phones and we still cant find the devices on the app.

We have 2 people sharing one room but they have 2 tv's and they can only use their apps to control their tv's and rokus because of the remotes controlling the wrong tv and changing both tv's channels so we need to use the app.

Please help

ANA1989

Re: Roku app not finding devices to connect

Yea mine is doing the same. Its obviously connected its showing the time and does not say not connected... idk I've already unplugged and restarted everything and nothing is working. Guess I'll try later or tomorrow 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
Ecate5927

Any fix for this, mine is suddenly doing the same 

0 Kudos
gburcalow

I was setting up a new device last night when all of a sudden the app stopped seeing anything.  I did everything suggested with no success.  I am seeing across the Internet that this may be a widespread problem.  I have iOS 14.1.

0 Kudos
Lsheayed

Can't find device

Using Android, mobile app states or it can't find device even though we are on the same network. Restarted box, uninstalled and reloaded app. Notice now its all our Roku devices no matter what phone. Is there a problem?

Nihaya
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't find device

Me also I have 3 iPhones and on each they have the mobile app, two days ago all my phones couldn’t find the roku tv I tried everything but the apps nowhere to find the tv  

0 Kudos