Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Airicarus
Reel Rookie

Watching a subscribed channel on Roku App

How do I watch a subscribed channel (paramount plus) via my Roku account/ device on my iPhone via the Roku App? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Watching a subscribed channel on Roku App

You can't. The only channel that can be viewed via the app on a phone is The Roku Channel. Nothing else is available via the app. It's only designed to be a remote control for the device, not a shared remote display. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

To add to what @atc98092 said, there is a Paramount Plus app for iPhone. Download that and sign in.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Airicarus
Reel Rookie

How do I  sign in to paramount app using Roku credentials..  I did not see Roku as an option.

will check again. Thank. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Roku is not a TV service provider that can be used to log into different online providers. You have to sign up directly with Paramount, or have a TV service provider that qualifies you for accessing their content, such as a cable or satellite company. I don't know who qualifies, but that list you saw should answer that question. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Airicarus wrote:

How do I  sign in to paramount app using Roku credentials..  I did not see Roku as an option.

will check again. Thank. 

If you subscribed through Roku, you have to access via The Roku Channel app.  Your Roku credentials will not allow you to log into the Paramount+ app as your subscription is with Roku, not Paramount.  You should be able to access via The Roku Channel app.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@makaiguy Thanks for that clarification.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

@makaiguy wrote:

@Airicarus wrote:

will check again. Thank. 

If you subscribed through Roku, you have to access via The Roku Channel app.  Your Roku credentials will not allow you to log into the Paramount+ app as your subscription is with Roku, not Paramount.  You should be able to access via The Roku Channel app.

Yet another reason to NOT subscribe through 3rd parties.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@andyross wrote:

Yet another reason to NOT subscribe through 3rd parties.

As much as I like my Rokus, and I WOULD like Roku to get a share of the subscription fees, subscribing through any 3rd party comes with too many drawbacks and complications for me.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DBDukes

@makaiguy Yes indeed. If Roku could/would make it possible on Roku-subscribed apps to use a login on the standard apps, I would move most subscriptions to Roku billing. The only exception would be where I get introductory/special pricing directly ($2 Hulu, for instance). For standard pricing, having all in one place would be extremely helpful, but I want to use the individual apps sometimes (actually, most of the time).

DBDukes

0 Kudos