Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMaldaner
Level 7

Watching Roku Channel From Mobile Device?

Is there a way to watch the Roku Channel from my iPad? Is there an app for that?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Watching Roku Channel From Mobile Device?

No.. it's a Roku device exclusive.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
JMaldaner
Level 7

Thank you for the quick reply!

A quick Google search led me to a mid-year 2017 discussion of this subject on another forum. It wasn’t possible then, but was a popular request. Seems like I’ve read that Roku’s main source of income is now advertising, surpassing hardware sales. Making their content available on mobile devices directly would certainly boost that income! Maybe some day...
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"JMaldaner" wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply!  

A quick Google search led me to a mid-year 2017 discussion of this subject on another forum. It wasn’t possible then, but was a popular request. Seems like I’ve read that Roku’s main source of income is now advertising, surpassing hardware sales. Making their content available on mobile devices directly would certainly boost that income!  Maybe some day...

I think it is a matter of WHEN not IF that Roku offers their ecosystem outside of a Roku hardware device. They are beginning with their new Roku-connected smart speakers and I'm sure more will follow. They have announced an upcoming CHANNEL SUBSCRIPTION model similar to Amazon Channels. One UI and player to manage multiple streaming subscriptions. It is logical that once this is implemented their business model would work best if a standalone Roku app were made available on mobile platforms, pc platforms, gaming consoles and even other hardware streaming devices.

Roku to launch Channel Subscription Marketplace
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"JMaldaner" wrote:
Is there a way to watch the Roku Channel from my iPad? Is there an app for that?

What great timing of your question!!

As of today the Roku Channel is available to stream on PC's, Phones and Tablets.

You don't need a Roku to watch Roku's free movies

The Roku Channel.com
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
JMaldaner
Level 7

Yes!! This is great!
0 Kudos