Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shanku
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume controls for the Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Now that I think of it, I believe I actually have the Roku Premier so I think my remote is different than the Ultra. 

I just bought mine a month or so ago and it has no mic icon. I've also tried using voice commands with Google Home to turn up the volume. The Roku does recognize the command but it still does nothing. (And yes, my software is up to date.)

So, volume control is apparently non-existent for the Roku Premier.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
PuffyJo

Jump to solution

does not work at all 

0 Kudos
jwheels707

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
mcl1jw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Useless app since the volume can not be controlled with a screen button.  Not interested in talking to phone to change volume.

0 Kudos
JerseyMan

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Steve67

Jump to solution

You're right by 1.5 db on a Yamaha receiver.

0 Kudos
ebgwd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree that they should figure out how to control volume.  I have an old Sharp/Roku TV and it had volume control (mute vol+ or vol-) and I could even turn the TV on/off.  All showed up on the screen on my iPhone.  We "upgraded" all of our TVs to Roku Ultra and hardwired them.  Now we have fewer features.  Bummer to take a step backwards.

topflynn

Jump to solution

There are probably thousands of home theater Roku configurations. Mine is as follows:

A/V:
Samsung (2017) UN58MU6070E 58 inch 4k Smart TV (wired ethernet connection)
Roku (2022) Ultra 4802X w/Voice Remote Pro (wired ethernet connection)
Sonos System (2019): Playbar, Sub, One(Gen 2) (wired ethernet connection to Playbar)

Network:
Xfinity 600mbps Internet Connection
Linksys EA6900 Dual-band Wireless-AC Router w/4 Gigabit Ports
Netgear CM1150V Voice Cable Modem

The issue I had was with setting up my Roku remote with the Roku On-screen setup. Once pairing was completed, I could hear the music through each Samsung code setting. It never went off as would be expected. The on-screen message said my remote could not be set up with my Samsung TV.

With my Roku configuration, my smart TV was nothing more than a monitor for my Roku Ultra. I was able to turn the TV on and off but my volume and mute controls on my remote were not working at all.

My Sonos sound bar was the component that controlled my volume and as it turns out, it is controlled by IR input.

On my Galaxy S10 phone, I have the Sonos app installed. Opening my Sonos phone app, I went to Settings->System->and selected my Sonos system under the Products setting.
I then scrolled down to the Home Theater section and turned on the Use IR setting. This allowed me to control the volume and mute the sound with my Roku remote. Changing this setting also worked when my A/V system was set up to use WIFI. I went through the Roku remote set-up again and after confirming the sound was heard, then the sound was no longer heard...indicating the volume controls on my remote were now working.

If your configuration is similar to mine, maybe this will help solve your issue or spark an idea that will send you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Walt_1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It does not do it. It appears on the screen but does not increase or decrease

0 Kudos