Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

How to set up and use the Roku Mobile App

The Roku® mobile app is a free application for iOS® and Android™ devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming device.

If you’re looking for instructions on how to set up the Roku Mobile App, use the links below.

How do I install the Roku® mobile app?
How do I control my Roku® streaming device using the Roku mobile app?

When utilizing screen mirroring, your Android or Windows must be first set and enabled before it is connected to your Roku device. Once connected, you will be able to see your mobile screen on your TV display and controlled by your tablet or phone.

mobile1.png

How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?
How do I manage channels using the Roku® mobile app?

Play on Roku allows you to share videos, photos, and songs on your compatible device to your Roku device or RokuTV. Simply launch the mobile app on your phone or tablet and choose what you want to appear.
 mobile2.png

How do I display photos, videos, and songs on my TV using Play on Roku?
How do I manage notifications on the Roku® mobile app?

mobile3.png

For more information regarding how to fine-tune picture specific picture quality settings that are not pithing your RokuTV's Options menu, visit our support page:
How do I use Expert Picture Settings to adjust my Roku TV™?

Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Private Listening with the Roku Mobile App

Private listening is feature on the Roku mobile app that allows you to listen to your streaming content on earphones or headphones that are connected to your tablet or phone.

How do I use headphones on my mobile device for private listening?

To use private listening through the mobile app on your phone or tablet , plug in/connect your headphones. You can turn private listening on/off by pressing the headphones icon. 

mobile4.png

How do I solve problems with private listening?

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator