Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steampunkguy
Reel Rookie

Unable to view Roku content omy Android Device

I was able to view Roku content on  my Android phone.  However, an update was done and I cannot view Roku on my cell.  Can anyone dorect me on how to get this issue resolved?  Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to view Roku content omy Android Device

Hey @Steampunkguy

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Are you getting any error messages? If you haven't tried yet, try uninstalling the app then install it back in. 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Steampunkguy
Reel Rookie

Thanks for contacting me.  An error message comes up saying, "Something went wrong loading this page."  Options include retry, use remote or contact Support.  I was able to watch Roku shows as if the cell was a television.  Can you help to resolve this issue?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  Wish i could actually speak woth a tech.... guess that is not an option(no real customer support).

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Steampunkguy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you using the Roku mobile app? Are you seeing this when trying to watch a specific title or do you see this issue occur on all content? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Steampunkguy
Reel Rookie

I am using the Roku App on my Samsung 8+ cell phone.  Previously, using the mobile app, I was able to stream my Roku channels on this cell.  I am not sure if it was an update that caused the issue, but I receive an error message Something went wrong loading this page.  It will not even load Roku at all.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the application to no avail.  Nothing in customer support and no contact to actually speak with someone.  I am very unsatisfied with the application support and the application.  It was a great app before, but is not workable at this time.  Can you assist or have information on how to get this resolved?  Thanks in advance 

Dennis

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. I am trying to view content through the mobile app on an iPhone 12. I keep getting the same error messages you mentioned in your original post. I thought it might be a network connection issues. So, I have tried reinstalling the app, using airplane mode, straight wifi, straight data w/o wifi enabled. Nothing has worked so far. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Roku on my roku sticks fail to load as well

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you able to stream other content using the Roku mobile app? Is this issue only occurring on specific titles? What are the exact steps to replicate the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PapiSaffle

Re: Can't play videos from Android phone (play on Roku). Photos display, not video.

It's 2022 and I am having the same issue. Great work all! 

0 Kudos