Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeamCooper

Re: Tv keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku turns on by itself. This particular night, it turned on 3 times. I normally play white noise but I had turned it off. I finally realized that the app was still opn on my phone. It powered the tv off from the app then closed it and voila! TV didn't turn back on again.

#TVturningOn

#TCL

#Roku

0 Kudos
eron

Jump to solution

I tried removing the app from my phone and batteries removed from the remote with no luck from that

I have the tv on a table and the cable box under the tv.   I noticed  the cable receiver box was very close to the TVs led and moved to the other side. The crazy off and on stuff stopped. I guess the tv was picking up things from the cable box making it go on and off.

0 Kudos
germanp

Jump to solution

I am also having an issue with my roku (Express 4K+) and the official roku app on Android. My cell phone is my daily alarm, and whenever the alarm goes off, if the Roku app is open (for instance, because I used it for private listening the night before), the Roku app turns on my TV. That's silly and it must be a bug on the app. I'd like that to be fixed.

Also, some times while I am using another HDMI input on my TV (a video game for instance), the TV will switch by itself to the Roku input. Why? no clue, it just does it, and I'm 100% positive it's the Roku ordering the TV to do that, because my TV is not even smart (no apps or anything like that on it, it does not even have a clock!). The Roku app works well usually, but it has these annoying bugs. And before you ask: no, I do not have Alexa, or Siri, or neighbors that can make jokes through my windows or anything like that.

Rainman519
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm using the Express on a couple of TVs in the house and they all see to turn-on randomly.  I just entered our guest room where the TV hasn't been on in months, to find the TV and Roku on.  I'm thinking maybe the other remotes are to blame?  It only does it on two TVs in the house, all on different floors.  

0 Kudos
alocander

Jump to solution

I do not have the app on my phone, and it still turns itself on.... I was kind of freaked out like wtf? but I searched, and it said to go to system settings and check for updates and update it because it would turn on if it needed to be updated. I did that and it hadn't done so until tonight I went to the settings and there was an update, so I updated it and hopefully that works again

Angela Locander
0 Kudos
lleaxyine
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a brand new steam bar (about a month old) that just started doing this. I have one touch turned off, and even moved the HDMI connection to a non-ARC port. It turned on twice this morning - once just before 4am, and then again about an hour later. This is the second ROKU device I’ve had that suddenly started doing this. ROKU needs to figure this out. The only solution I can think of is to disconnect power to the device when I go to bed. I store the remote sensor down in a storage pocket on a chair, and it’s in an upstairs room, higher than any surrounding houses, so I doubt there is a nearby remote that could be turning it on. The nearest house is over a hundred feet away, and there is only one window through which an IR signal could travel. The fact that it happens multiple times per night, and only Helen’s at night time is suspicious, but ROKU needs to solve the problem. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lleaxyine

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue with your device turning your TV at random times, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
laosanjie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku TV: A123X

TCL model: 55S531

Serial #: X003004XNM0Y

Software version: 11.0.2*build 4138-8 8

I had this problem after one month of use, called technic support, tried all methods, TV still has this auto turn on problem.

0 Kudos
laosanjie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Get the issue id as: 0Y-317-823

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @laosanjie

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos