Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Streaming on Iphone or Ipad

When using the Roku Channel to stream a movie or tv show on my ipad or iphone. The movie plays and there is sound but no picture. Can someone help please. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Streaming on Iphone or Ipad

@Mrweebs wrote:

When using the Roku Channel to stream a movie or tv show on my ipad or iphone. The movie plays and there is sound but no picture. Can someone help please. 

I just checked the iTunes store on both my phone and iPad, and can find no Roku Channel app. There is a Roku remote app, and it offers private listening (audio only), but there's no way to view the Roku Channel on an iOS device other than using a web browser. . 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

www.apps.apple.com/us/app/roku/id482066631

This is the app I use. And down in the left hand corner the Roku Channel is there which allows streaming on your device. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@Mrweebs wrote:

www.apps.apple.com/us/app/roku/id482066631

This is the app I use. And down in the left hand corner the Roku Channel is there which allows streaming on your device. 

OK, I wasn't aware that was possible on the app. I just tried it and it worked fine on my iPhone XR. I am connected to WiFi at the moment, in case that matters. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos