Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jiimbo_Bend
Level 7

Stream Roku to an Ipad

Jump to solution

I have my new Roku all set up and streaming.  Love the mobile app optionas well.  Now my wife wants to stream the Roku content to her ipad. Cant seem to find anything on this approach.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Stream Roku to an Ipad

Jump to solution

@Jiimbo_Bend 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The only thing you will be able to access on an Ipad will be The Roku Channel.

For more information, you can visit our Support pages here: 
What is The Roku® Channel?
How do I install The Roku® Channel mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jiimbo_Bend 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The only thing you will be able to access on an Ipad will be The Roku Channel.

For more information, you can visit our Support pages here: 
What is The Roku® Channel?
How do I install The Roku® Channel mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Jiimbo_Bend wrote:

I have my new Roku all set up and streaming.  Love the mobile app optionas well.  Now my wife wants to stream the Roku content to her ipad. Cant seem to find anything on this approach.

You can stream from the iPad using AirPlay 2 if your Roku device supports it (only 4K devices and a couple of exceptions there), but you cannot stream to the iPad. And that's the way it would work with any other streaming device on the market. These players are designed to send its output via HDMI (some older devices also had composite outputs) and only to a display device. An iPad is a mini-computer, and the screen it only used for the internal system. While there is an HDMI adapter from Apple, this is HDMI out to feed to another, likely larger, display. It will not accept a video/audio input signal. 

As Danny mentioned, you can access The Roku Channel, most likely via the web interface. But that's not the same as sending the Roku video output to something like an iPad.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
suzyhen
Level 9

Jump to solution

log onto your account at

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/

watch on ipad.

0 Kudos