Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Stop automatically turning on last connected TV in App

We have 3 TCL Roku TVs and every time I open the Roku App, it automatically turns on the last connected TV. I'll turn off the TV in the living room, go to the bedroom and open the Roku App and it turns the living room TV back on automatically because it was last connected, instead of allowing me to select which TV to turn on when I open the App. Is there a setting to stop this from happening? (Samsung Note9)

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Stop automatically turning on last connected TV in App

First thing I'd try, on each of your Rokus, is to turn off "1-touch play" via Settings > System > Control other devices.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for your response. That setting is not on. @makaiguy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This happens to me as well. Every time I open the Roku app on my phone it automatically powers on the last tv I connected to. This is very annoying, it turns on TVs in other rooms, bothering or waking people up, so I have to switch to that tv to power it off. Plus the app actually gives no definitive status of whether a Tv is on or off. You're just guessing. This is silly because I personally know that through the API available on the Roku TVs you can check the power status (as long as fast Start is enabled). I know because I've written code to integrate Alexa with my Roku TVs to control their power state. So why can't Roku handle this gracefully? Please fix this, it makes the app almost unusable.

My environment:

4 TCL Roku TVs

Fast Start is enabled (for smart home integration)

Samsung Note Android Phone

Highlighted
Level 7

This is maddening.  Did anyone find a fix yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue I have no idea why I can't simply choose which device I'd like to activate when I open my roku remote control app on android

Google pixel phone

Multiple Tcl roku tv's

Roku mobile app

Smart soundbar and wireless subwoofer

0 Kudos