Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oxford77
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku mobile app display broken and unusable after update

Works for me now.  Worked in portrait mode, now works in landscape. 

0 Kudos

Re: Roku remote app won’t display correctly on iPad

We're still having this issue. Why won't the remote app go full screen on the iPad? The app has been updated and we've shut down the iPad and done all the things people recommend. Nothing fixes it. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Can you elaborate please. Are you using iOS 11 or higher? Are you using the official Roku app? There are Roku apps in the App Store but aren’t made by Roku

0 Kudos
JoeKerr

Here is a hack:

1. Start roku app
  2. Select roku channel
  3. Hit play on a program in the list
  4. IMPORTANT: select mobile device
  5. Once starts, return to menu
  6. Select remote, should display correctly
0 Kudos
Kngdogbrt

The remote display is only Portrait but if you start the app while you are in Landscape it gets that screen width and applies  it to the remote display. Then when it displays it in Portrait it is centered on the wrong screen width. Hence it is shifted and cut off. The only workaround I have found is to terminate the app and make sure I am in Portrait before I restart. Seems to me that the app should verify it is in Portrait mode before pulls screen dimensions. Which I would think is an easy fix for a good developer team. Why has this bug been here since 2021?

0 Kudos
LCinOH
Reel Rookie

Why is my Roku on screen remote control not working.  The problem has been acknowledged by Kariza (moderator) on October 10-9-21.  Mne still won’t work!

just a quick note:  your Roku Support on the phone and in e-mails stinks.  If I had to do over, I would not buy anything from Roku. I’d suggest going with different streaming choices. Anything but Roku. Their Customer Support is an oxymoron!

larry in Ohio

0 Kudos
LCinOH
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku mobile app display broken and unusable after update

Roku ‘customer’ service is perfect example of an oxymoron. One word ‘customer’ is valid, while ‘SERVICE’ is impossible! 

Since April 4, 2022 I hav ever 80 emails to and from Roku. What’s that tell you about Roku 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LCinOH

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue.

We believe the issue is now resolved. Users who are having an issue with the Roku remote app crashing should check for the latest version 8.4.2 of the app.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dbrooks787
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@LCinOH

We believe the issue is now resolved. Users who are having an issue with the Roku remote app crashing should check for the latest version 8.4.2 of the app.

The issue is not resolved on my iPad Pro 4th gen. It works fine when tapping the Remote button while in Home, but still fails when switching from landscape to portrait or portrait to landscape.

More info:

HOME --> Remote in landscape mode: OK
HOME --> Remote in portrait mode: OK
Remote in Landscape --> portrait: the remote is still in landscape aspect ratio and the bottom "Save List" button on the right is off screen.
Remote in Portrait --> landscape: the remote is still in portrait aspect ratio and everything below the purple 4-way switch is below the screen.

0 Kudos