Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uusancal
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote app won’t display correctly on iPad

That process does not fix the problem but the fix I described yesterday does.   Open the app with the iPad in portrait mode, i.e. the home button is on the bottom, not side.

davbrown2
Reel Rookie

Re: fix for Roku remote app won’t display correctly on iPad

> I hold the iPad in portrait orientation and start the app from the Home Screen, the problem does not seem to arise.

This seems to work for us too!  This may be the cure.

Slugger415
Reel Rookie

Some recent update seems to have fixed the problem for me in either orientation. At last, thanks.

0 Kudos
Uusancal
Reel Rookie

I downloaded the latest version for my iPad and the problem persisted when starting the App in Landscape.

0 Kudos
Oxford77
Channel Surfer

Works for me also. Thanks for the tip! 

RedLynn_13
Reel Rookie

Opening the app in portrait mode works for me too. Thanks for the tip!

gigabyte
Reel Rookie

Works for me too. Seems that now the troubleshooting has been done by the community, Roku should be able to force portrait mode when the remote is clicked until the app is fixed.

@RedLynn_13 wrote:

Opening the app in portrait mode works for me too. Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
Dbrooks787
Reel Rookie

It looks exactly the same for me on my iPad Pro 12.9” 4th generation as in @pandora9‘s post. A third or more of the remote is off screen. This is not a problem on my iPhone or Android phone. On those devices it renders correctly. The part that is visible is working as it should. 

0 Kudos
Ilex22401

Hello! I’ve had this problem for months now and none of the suggestions fix it. I really miss remote listening (headphone icon is inaccessible) esp since my husband is working from home and I don’t want to disturb him. Please someone look into this. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Ks12

Re: Roku mobile app display broken and unusable after update

So it’s been a long while…any fix yet? 

0 Kudos