Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregprop5

Re: Roku mobile app display broken and unusable after update

I have the same problem on my iPad. The right part of the remote is not visible. It's very frustrating. 

gigabyte
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote app won’t display correctly on iPad

This exact display issue on iPad that PREVENTS ACCESS TO THE HEADPHONE ICON was reported weeks ago and has yet to  be resolved.

Since the new OS promotes private listening with the app, is Roku no longer concerned with iPad support and focusing only on phones?

Oxford77
Channel Surfer

This appears to have been fixed.  Worked for me last night on my Ipad, first time I had tried it in about a week. 

0 Kudos
Oxford77
Channel Surfer

Spoke too soon. Now IPad display is back to previous, unworkable view. 

0 Kudos
Slugger415
Reel Rookie

I deleted and reinstalled the app. Still seeing exactly the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Slugger415,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done and we're sorry if it caused any difficulties.

We would recommend checking for a manual update on your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now
For more information about how to check for a manual update on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support 

In addition, please also makes sure to check for any app updates for the Roku app on the iPad as well.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
davbrown2
Reel Rookie

We too have been encountering this problem for the last few months.

Premiere+ (model 4630X) purchased Nov 2016

Roku software up to date (v10.5.0)

iPad, iOS 14.8.  app up to date.

The only thing that we have found helps is to quit & restart the mobile app - sometimes requires doing that 3-4 times

I am hoping that Roku will solve this someday...

0 Kudos

Super disappointing this is not a priority. Most recent update did not fix what should be an easy fix. Roku is suggesting ios devices as an audio solution rather than properly supporting bluetooth, but controls on ipads are broken. With janky audio work-a-round in place audio dropped out twice while watching. Likely a glitch on my network or something - but why so much complication when I really want to bluetooth directly to my stereo?

I just purchased my Roku and will likely return it. This level of attention suggests there are other shortcomings as well...like not being able to control my stereo volume with the 'Enhanced' remote. To be fair Roku markets support for compatible TVs, but it is just another IR remote and using a stereo for audio is a natural fit.

0 Kudos
Uusancal
Reel Rookie

Re: fix for Roku remote app won’t display correctly on iPad

Same problem on my iPad but if I hold the iPad in portrait orientation and start the app from the Home Screen, the problem does not seem to arise.

0 Kudos
Kdeighan

The first thing you need to do is go to the Tool icon in the Roku app. Here you will see your account. You must sign out of the Roku remote account. Afterwards close all apps that are open including your Roku app. Click on the Roku app again. If it hasn’t already aligned (which it should of) sign in and repeat process. If this still doesn’t work, power down the iPad and reboot it and do this process again. 

0 Kudos