Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote app won’t display correctly on iPad

Roku app opens and displays every page ok…..except for the tv remote control. Half of the remote control buttons are off-screen to the right and cannot be accessed: volume UP, fwd, scroll right, remote audio, etc. I uninstalled the app and restarted my iPad before reinstalling app. Done this 3 times. No help. 

Labels (2)
48 REPLIES 48
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote app won’t display correctly on iPad

@NoneofusBiznez 

Just to confirm: The Roku app? Or the Roku Channel app?

The Roku app isn't built for the iPad, but the iPad uses the iPhone app. You have to enlarge the app to make it larger than a small section of the screen. What you're describing doesn't fit the Roku app.

So, confirm the app you're using.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Oxford77
Channel Surfer

I have this problem also since downloading the updated IPad Roku app. The “remote” on the screen, is “off the display” to the right, and I cannot “see” the private listening button, among others.  Private listening still works on IPhone, but until this update, it also worked on IPad.  I would like this functionality on the IPad Roku app restored.  

Oxford77
Channel Surfer

Enlarging the display does not enlarge the portion of the display showing.  It simply makes the portion of the display a larger size. 

DBDukes

@Oxford77 

Mine isn't behaving that way. It may be that the app is responding to different models differently. I have an iPad Air 3.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Oxford77
Channel Surfer

@DBDukes  Mine is an IPad 5.  Works on both my IPhone 8 and an older IPhone 6. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Oxford77 

That's expected, as its written for the iPhone. There isn't an iPad app, but as I said, the iPhone works as expected on my iPad, but not on yours. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D can offer assistance.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
RedLynn_13
Reel Rookie

I also this problem also since the updated IPad Roku app. The “remote” on the screen, is “off the display” to the right, and I cannot “see” the private listening button, and others. Still  works on IPhone, but until this update, it used to work on both. You say it’s not compatible with iPad and that it is only built for iPhone! but it clearly states in the App Store that it is “compatible with this iPad” if it’s not it shouldn’t say that it is. 

Jsibley
Reel Rookie

This appears to be a recent change and affects the iPad mini. It should be fixable, as it worked fine before.

I have Roku built into my tv and the on off switch is on the part of the remote display that doesn’t on on the mini,

I see the entire remotes on a large iPad.

pandora9
Reel Rookie

It is a UI glitch.

it could be fixed, if anyone from tech support actually cared.

every other page in the app is functioning and displaying correctly.

The remote page works perfectly Only remote page displays incorrectlyOnly remote page displays incorrectlyafter being freshly reinstalled, then reverts to the problem.