Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abon
Level 7

Roku mobile remote

Jump to solution

I have downloaded the app and tried to connect when away from home. Is that not possible? I also installed the Chrome extension and still no luck.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku mobile remote

Jump to solution

@abon Thanks for the note here. Using our official Roku mobile app you'll need to have your phone connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device, in order to connect to it and use the remote control functionality. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@abon Thanks for the note here. Using our official Roku mobile app you'll need to have your phone connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device, in order to connect to it and use the remote control functionality. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RevMoose
Level 7

Jump to solution

Does that mean that I cannot connect to my Roku channels at work.  I added CNN so could keep track of the impeachment trial but cannot find it on my channel lineup on the Roku app on my phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@RevMoose Roku channels can only be streamed on your Roku device, and are not available to stream in the Roku mobile app (with the exception of our own 'The Roku Channel'). 

To watch CNN on your mobile device, you would need to use the CNN mobile app, the CNN website, or an app offering from your own TV provider, such as the Hulu Live, YouTubeTV, Xfinity Stream app, or AT&T U-Verse app, etc. which allows you to watch live TV channels included in your TV subscription package. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos