Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku mobile app not connecting/no IP address

I’ve been trying to connect my

mobile app to my roku with no luck. I’ve turned everything on and off, checked for updated, disconnected and restarted it all. When I try to enter the IP address it says it’s not found. I feel like I’ve read all the articles and nothing has helped. It was working just fine until last night. Nothing has changed since then. 

Model: Roku premiere 

Apple iPhone 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku mobile app not connecting/no IP address

As you probably know, both devices (phone and Roku) must be connected to the same network, with no intervening routers that might interfere with the connection. This means that both devices have an IP address in the same range, i.e. 192.168.0.x in most home networks. 

Note that some routers will not let wireless devices to see other devices on the network. This is a security setting that can be changed in the router settings. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Im having same issue with app for over a yr, Ive been trying to get it to work like others it just searches and searches, Ive even try to manually put in the IP still wont connect, been searching the net for find away to no luck, I dont understand why i put in the right IP address it still wont connect. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@c1bear wrote:

Im having same issue with app for over a yr, I've been trying to get it to work like others it just searches and searches, I've even try to manually put in the IP still wont connect, been searching the net for find away to no luck, I don't understand why i put in the right IP address it still wont connect. 

See my comment above. If your wireless connection is through a router/access point that blocks local network access (only allowing Internet access), you'll never see your Roku from the app. Many routers have this setting enabled by default, and you must change it yourself. That means you need to know how to log into your router/access point and how to make changes. 

And if your phone isn't connected to the same network as the Roku (such as your phone is only on cellular data and not connected to a WiFi point) you'll never connect to the Roku. Both devices must be connected to the same network, with the wireless settings in the router permitting local access. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos